August 28, 2013

Smash Week

Damn, I am bad at every day posting. 

Last week was an epically shitty week.  At least from my perspective, and that's my best excuse for not posting.  Besides, I thought I would save it all up and amuse anyone who has the time to read about it.

As I have been recently complaining, my work situation is a bit out of control.  Not enough hours in the day and not enough energy in the world to do it.  As a result, I have been known to be, let's say, less than pleasant on the home front.  I try to not let that happen but alas, I am human.

Monday evening as I was cleaning up from dinner, Little Man turns around in his chair and starts talking to me.  I have my back to him and we are talking back and forth when suddenly, BOOM!  He manages to fall backwards off the chair and smack his head on the wooden cross beam of the table.  Screaming ensues.  I scoop him up and immediately see a HUGE bump sprouting on the back of his head.  I mean, this thing stuck out a good 2.5 cms.  And was dark purple.  After icing it and assessing, Super Husband announces he needs to see a doctor.  Which means off to emergency we go.  The whole family.  With Little Man Screaming the entire way.  The good news is he's okay.  No fractured skull but needed to wake him up through the night to make sure all is well.  Disaster averted.

So, Tuesday morning I get up and actually set off to work in good time despite being awake half the night.  I am thinking, "Gee, I'm so super awesome.  I look good with my new cream coloured pants on"!  I continue to think about random things as I drive.  So much so that I manage to plow right into a pole in the parking garage while zipping around the corner.  Fucking awesome.  Might I add this is not the first time this has happened.  I managed to do the EXACT same thing almost three years ago.  Except, of course, it was a different car.  So now BOTH of our cars have smashed up right sides.  How incredibly idiotic, right?

So I smash my car and proceed to go up to my office.  Shut the door and call Super Husband:

SH:  Hello?
Me:  I did it again.  I'm so stupid.  I smashed the car! [starting to cry]
SH:  What?  Again?  Are you Okay?
Me:  NO!  I'm so stupid and angry at myself
SH:  How bad is it?
Me:  Bad
SH:  Ummm...well....I was just writing you an email to let you know I've been told I need to fly out to Quebec tomorrow morning.
Me:  Well that's fan-fucking-tastic
SH:  Yes.  Is there anything I can do to help you?
ME:  Yes.  You can get a gun and shoot me.

Okay, I admit it.  Not my proudest moment but I was a little irrational at the time.

I then composed myself and trotted down to my all day meeting.  Where I realized that I managed to get grease or something similar (black) on my new cream pants.  I have since washed them three times and said stain is STILL THERE. 

Thankfully, I made it through the week and weekend without Super Husband.  He arrived back Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment